Embodied birth education
Private or small group class series
This is a unique class based in Somatic Movement and body awareness practices, mindfulness and communication.
We will focus on connecting the body-mind and spirit, strengthening the connection of the partners and developing skills and tools that you can use together for a conscious, natural labor and birth process, parenting and partnership.
· Develop a deep relationship and trust with your own body
· Understand the natural physiological process of birth and how to best support it
· The benefits of Optimal Fetal Positioning in pregnancy and labor
· Rebozo techniques for an easier and more pleasurable pregnancy and birth
· Connect to your partner in unique ways and strengthen your bond
· Understand your newborn baby’s abilities and development and all the changes
· Mindful parenting and partnering from the get go
· Practical knowledge for breastfeeding, newborn care, baby wearing and soothing
This class is not your usual Childbirth Ed class. While getting all the up to date evidence based information you need on birth, you will also be moving, experiencing, connecting, and integrating. You will absorb information through touch, movement, art, words, and play.
I believe that you can acquire great intellectual knowledge from books and classes and that information is power. I also believe, that at the time of birth, your body takes over your intellect and in order to have a smooth and satisfying experience, you have to let it happen. So, developing knowledge about your body, and how to trust it’s knowledge, how to access your inner wisdom and how to build a support system around you that will let you feel safe being in the unknown is even more important.
These classes offer a new paradigm in Childbirth Education. Embodying the knowledge within fused with the intellectual learning will give you a well-rounded preparation not just for labor and birth, but for parenting as well. These tools will serve you in your life now and in the long run.
Tools I use:
· Authentic Movement - to access your inner wisdom,
· Alexander Technique - to find balance and ease of movement,
· Basic experiential knowledge of anatomy, nervous system, endocrine system and developmental stages,
· Massage and conscious touch,
· Rebozo and other labor support techniques,
· Meditation and mindfulness techniques,
· Holistic stages of labor,
· spinning babies - Optimal Fetal Positioning,
· peer-counseling, NVC – Compassionate Communication,
· art making, books, and videos
classes are 3 hours long, scheduled at your convenience.
4 classes (12hrs): Embodied Birth practices a good supplement to regular Childbirth Education classes.
Private: $360; Small group: $280/couple (2 couples min.)
For groups bigger than 4 couples prices drop significantly. Please contact me for details.
Location: classes will be held at your home, your friend’s home or a rented space depending on class size and preferences.