Since my son's birth I have been in deep awe and respect for birth and birthing women. I am devoted to support Mothers in this beautiful journey and help create the kind of birth they want for themselves and their babies. I strive to help partners to become the best labor support they can be. I am an advocate for women, natural birth and healthy babies. I offer doula services, private and group childbirth education and placenta medicine.
My role as a doula is to provide the mother and her partner with information and resources, prepare and support them physically, emotionally and spiritually through the initiation of birth, take care of the practical things so that they can pay attention to each other and their baby. I also provide information and support postpartum: with breastfeeding, newborn care, recovery, parenting resources, co-sleeping, baby wearing, preventing and dealing with postpartum depression and counseling.
Included in my Birth Doula Services:
- One complimentary interview to get to know each other
- Unlimited phone and email support throughout your pregnancy
- Access to all my resources, books and DVD's
- Two prenatal meetings including embodied labor preparation and Rebozo education
- Being on call for you 24/7 from your 38th week until baby is born
- Support for you and your whole family during labor and birth
- The use of my TENS Unit for pain relief
- Two postpartum meetings to review your birth, help you with breastfeeding and newborn care
- A back up doula
My Birth Doula Fee is $1800
Low income family option:
I offer two sliding scale spots each month to those who need it. For a sliding scale I consider your financial situation, travel distance and services requested to calculate a fee on a case by case bases. Home birth clients get a larger discount.
Birth tub rental: Please email me for details and availability.
$150 - for 4 weeks - self service(you are responsible for pickup, drop off and cleaning)
$250 - for 4 weeks - full service (drop off, pick up, cleaning included in price)Each additional week beyond contracted time: $50Discount available for my birth doula clients.
Placenta Encapsulation: $300
Placenta Tincture: $100
Placenta Humanum homeopathic remedy: $100
Placenta Essence: $20
Placenta Art: Blood Print -free with the purchase of any placenta medicine.
Ink print, drawing or painting framed: $150-200
Additional 2-hour prenatal visit/ Birth Prep Class: $150
Belly Casting: $200
Additional Postpartum Care: $45/hour