Host a Workshop with Ilka Fanni
If you are interested in hosting a Rebozo and Somatic Awareness workshop with Ilka Fanni read the Class Sponsor / Host Agreement
Class Sponsor/Host Agreement
Ilka’s standard offering is an eight hour class covering
- Rebozo techniques for pregnancy, birth and postpartum,
- holistic stages of labor and ways to be present and centered at the time of birth,
- counseling techniques to create more connection with dads, partners and hospital staff,
- body awareness and self care techniques,
- Listening and witnessing skills,
- Somatic awareness for mama and baby care
The workshop gives 7 hours of CEU’s from ICEA.
The following section outlines the duties of the Class Sponsor. Please read through it carefully and let me know if you have any questions.
I greatly appreciate your interest in bringing me to your area to teach a workshop! Your help is much needed! Be prepared, there is much work to be done before a class can take place and I rely heavily on Class Sponsors to get this work done. Local involvement is the key.
The primary responsibility of the Class Sponsor is to garner interest in the class and then to organize the class once there is sufficient interest. (See Minimum Registration below)
Class Sponsor duties include:
- It is your responsibility to ensure the minimum number of participants sign up and pay their class fees.
- Start a Facebook Event and make Ilka an administrator
- Secure the workshop location. Be sure it is a place large enough for 20 or more participants – with carpeting, yoga mats, or similar. Keep in mind that participants will be sitting, standing, lying down, and kneeling.
- If there is any fee for the location, it is the responsibility of the Sponsor.
- Organize food for the workshop. This is usually a potluck. If you choose to do a potluck, please be sure to notify all attendees BEFORE the class to bring a potluck dish to share.
- Accept equipment deliveries ahead of time, signature required. This usually happens a day or two before the class.
- Provide support for Ilka while she is in town – helping with a place to stay, food, transportation, etc. She does sometimes rent a car if she has several classes in the area, but will discuss this on a case-by-case basis.
- Help set up for the workshop before, usually takes 20-30 minutes
- Help break down and pack up after the workshop
Class Sponsor Incentives
As the Class Sponsor, you will receive your workshop free of charge. This can be transferred to another person by arrangement. (Other people helping or observing are subject to full or partial course fees.)
Fees and Costs
As Class Sponsor, you may choose to charge whatever you wish for the class in order to do fundraising, pay facility or association fees, or as a profit (Just remember that additional fees are paid only if minimums are met). In addition, you or your organization may choose to subsidize the fee to lower the cost to participants.
Ilka’s fees are as follows:
- Early Bird Tickets (10 available) – $100
- Couples/Clients Tickets (You can choose to make 5-10 of these spaces available) – $75
- General Admission Tickets (for professionals) – $125
We require a minimum of 10 registrations in order to lock in a date, and will continue to offer dates as “available” until that minimum is met. (If the Sponsor is part of a professional association, that group may pay for a percentage of the tickets that covers the initial 10 reservations, thereby locking in the date.)
A minimum of 14 registrations is required in order to hold a class. To be counted toward the minimum, registrants must pay for advance tickets. If space is available at the location, additional tickets may be offered at the door.
Class minimums may be flexible in cases where the potential exists to have more than one class in the area without additional air travel. (Lowering the minimum for each class to 15.)
Registration is non-refundable except in the event of a birth. In the case that minimums are not met, payment collected will be transferrable to a rescheduled date with the same or an other host.
Please contact me with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org